2-Day Short Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu – Shared Tour
Short Inca Trail Hike Map – 2 days
Summary of the Short Inca Trail hike
Day 1: Cusco – Km 104 – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
- At 3:40 a.m. Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Train departure from Ollantaytambo station. 6:10 a.m.
- Hiking start. 8:00 am.
- A short break to eat our snacks. 11:30 am.
- Arrival at Machu Picchu. At approximately 15:00 hours.
- Descent on the bus to Aguas Calientes. 15:30 hours
- Dinner at a good restaurant in Aguas Caliente. 18:30 pm.
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes in a 2-star hotel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
- Today will depend on the group the time of departure from the hotel
- Journey by bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu. 25 minutes
- Tour with the guide at Machupicchu. 2 and a half hours
- Return train from Aguas Calientes. 18:20 hours
- Pick up from the train station at 20:05 hours
- Arrival in the city of Cusco. At approximately 22:00 hours
Full Itinerary, Short Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu
Day 1: Cusco – km 104 – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
At 3:40 am, our staff will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to take you to Ollantaytambo train station. Then you will travel by train to the start of the Short Inca Trail, KM – 104 of the railroad, where you will through the control together with your authorized official guide for the Short Inca Trail Hike.
Start to enjoy your adventure first visiting the archaeological site of Chachabamba, then continue on an ascending path until you reach Wiñaywayna, another beautiful archeological center strategically located. Here take a short break to enjoy your cold lunch and then continue among the humid forest enjoying the abundance of biodiversity (flora and fauna) until you reach the highest point of the route, sun gate (2,720 meters / 8,922 feet).
From Sun gate, appreciate the scenic beauty of the Andes, steep mountains covered with the green and white mantle, deep valleys formed by the Urubamba River. Also, marvel at the first impact of the Inca city of Machupicchu.
After all, go down to the main gate of Machu Picchu and take the bus to Aguas Calientes. At 6:30 p.m., your guide will take you to an excellent restaurant for your excellent dinner and finally spend the night in a 2-star hotel.
- Maximum Altitude Inti Punku (sun gate): 2680msnm / 8792 feet
- Maximum Altitude: 2,720 meters / 8,922 feet
- Length: 10:5 km /6.6 miles
- Walking time: 6 – 7 hours
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Today, take the first bus together with your tour guide toward the Inca city of Machu Picchu and explore every corner of the beautiful Inca city along with your expert guide. After 2 and a half hours of walking, on your own, you can go up to Huaynapicchu or the mountain if you have the permit (you must book in advance).
After all, take the bus down to Aguas Calientes for lunch (on your own), and in the afternoon you must be at the train station 30 minutes before the time indicated on your return train ticket to Ollantaytambo or Poroy. Where our staff will be waiting for you to take to the city of Cusco – Hotel.
- Aguas Calientes – 2050masl / 6,7 feet.
- Highest Altitude – 2450masl / 8 feet.
We included in Short Inca Trail Hike 2 days package
- Pre-departure explanation meeting.
- Round trip tourist mobility between the hotel in Cusco and the train station.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- 3 bus tickets between Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes.
- 1-night accommodation in Aguas Calientes town in a 2-star hotel.
- Professional tour guide service
- First aid kit and oxygen balloon.
- 1 lunch (Lunchbox) and 1 Dinner. Vegetarian option (no extra charge).
We do not include
- Breakfast on the first day
- To climb to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (optional)
- Porter for personal equipment
- Travel insurance. You must take out your travel insurance at least during the duration of your adventure
- Walking sticks
- Accommodations in Cusco
- Tips (optional)
Price of the Short Inca Trail Hike 2 days (2022 through January 31, 2023)
In this regular service, we have a unique price, and it is based on a shared room in a 2-star hotel.
Min 1 / max 10 person
Price per person
|2 to + Trekkers|
Note. To open a group, we need at least 2 people. If a person wants to join the group, before making the payment through our website, ask us if there is already a group for the date you want to reserve or click on booking, and in the number of adults, enter 1.
All the services listed below are not included in the package, and if you want to book, you must add.
- To journey by Vistadome train – US$ 75 per person
- To climb to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain – US$ 70 per person
- If you want to spend the night in another category of the hotel, such as 3, 4, 5 stars, also if you want a simple room, ask about our confidential prices.
We offer discounts
- US$ 30 for university students under 25 years of age and who have a university card with a valid date at the time of the walk issued by their university. Also for people over 8 years old and under 17 (we need to see their passports).
- US$ 60 for children under 8 and we also need to see their passports in reserve.
- And we have special discounts for groups of travel agencies.
- Before booking the Short Inca Trail Hike 2 days, ask us about availability for the dates you want. Usually, reservations must be made at least one month in advance, depending on the season.
- Be in Cusco at least 1-day before the tour.
- Drink plenty of coca tea to avoid altitude sickness.
- Carry passports or another document with which you made the reservation of the Inca Trail.
- Mosquitoes repellent
- Toilet paper
- Plastic bags (to protect cameras and trash)
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho (for the rainy season, November – April)
- Two poles
- Sandals to rest your feet in the hotel
- A hat or cap
- Personal medications
- Photographic cameras and
- Extra money (soles).