Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 3 days Is right for you?
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 3 days
First Day: Cusco – Taucca Chinchero – Huchuy Qosqo archeological site.
- 6:30 a.m. Pick up from your hotel in Cusco and travel to the Taucca community. Inca textile process exhibition.
- 8:40 am. Start of the trek to Huchuy Qosqo.
- 1:00 pm lunch
- 6:30 pm. Dinner
- Overnight of a local family lodge or in tents.
Second Day: Huchuy Qosqo archeological site – Sacred Valley – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu
- 6:30 a.m. Breakfast, then tour and photographs in the archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo
- 10:30 am. Travel from Lamay to Urubamba and enjoy the buffet lunch
- 13:00. Visit the city of Ollantaytambo and the Inca food storages in the Pinkuylluna Mountain
- 15:37 pm. Vistadome train departure from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu town
- 6:30 pm. Dinner and accommodation in the city of Machupicchu (Aguas Calientes)
Third Day: Machu Picchu “Wonder of the world” – Cusco.
- 05:20 am. Breakfast at the hotel
- 06:00 am. Bus trip to Machu Picchu
- 2 and half hour tour in Inca city of Machu Picchu
- 3:20 p.m. Expedition train departure from Machu Picchu to Poroy in Cusco
- 7:50 p.m. Arrival in Cusco – hotel
Huchuy Qosqo hike to Machu Picchu 3 days
First Day: Cusco – Taucca Community – Huchuy Qosqo archeological site.
At 6:30 am, start your trip in a private mobility to the community of Taucca – Chinchero. Visit an artisan association formed by families from the same community. They will demonstrate the South American Camelids wool process (vicuña, alpaca, llama, and guanaco) like spinning, dyeing, and weaving and if you like some of the fabrics, you can buy that will be of great help to the community (purchase Optional).
After the exhibition, start with an uphill hike following an original Inca trail to Huchuy Qosqo, admire the beautiful views of the Andes Mountain Range and the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Also, admire the small canyon known as the lion’s door formed by huge rocks and finally see the impressive view of the archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo.
After an arduous and pleasant walk, you will spend the night in the heights of the Sacred Valley of the Incas in a lodge of a local family or in tents on the terraces of Huchuy Qosqo (depend on you).
- Cusco altitude: 3350 meters / 10,990 feet
- Community of Taucca: 3690 meters / 12,106 feet
- Altitude Max. Puka Moqo: 4.200 meters / 13.779 feet
- The distance of the route: 10 km /6.25 miles.
- Meals: lunch, dinner, and snacks.
Second Day: Huchuy Qosqo – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Machu Picchu
Today you will wake up in the heights of the Sacred Valley of the Incas with breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains and the Urubamba River.
At 6:30 a.m., energy breakfast time. Then he explores extensively the palace of the eighth ruler of the Inca Empire. Walk through its extensive agricultural terraces, houses, and warehouses that are still standing. See also the hydraulic system of consumption and irrigation.
After exploring with your tour leader, begin to descend in a zigzag to the town of Lamay, where your private mobility will be waiting for you to take you to the city of Urubamba. Enjoy an Andean buffet in a good restaurant in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Then continue your trip to the Inca town of Ollantaytambo, where you will have enough time to explore the original streets of the Incas and climb to the Colcas (Incas’ food storage) of the Pinkuylluna Mountain.
Later, head towards the Ollantaytambo train station. 3:37 p.m., departure time of the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes). You will travel alone because your tour guide will stay in Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival in the city of Machu Picchu, our staff will be waiting for you to escort you to your hotel and, at 6:30 p.m., at your hotel, you will have a brief informative talk with your specialist guide in the Inca city of Machupicchu.
- Huchuy Qosqo altitude: 3450 meters / 11318 feet
- Aguas Calientes: 2050 meters / 6725 feet
- The distance of the hike: 2 km /1.2 miles
- Food: Breakfast and Lunch
Third Day: Machu Picchu “Wonder of the world” – Cusco.
Today one of your most desired dreams will come true because you will visit Machu Picchu, fourth wonder of the world.
We recommend to take the first buses to see the Inca city without tourists, so you can enjoy full time and take good pictures. The tour with your expert leader will have a duration of 2 and a half hours; you will walk through all the interest places and then if you booked the permit to Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu Mountain you can climb on your own.
After all, take the bus to the city of Aguas Calientes so you can have lunch on your own. Then, head towards the train station to return to Poroy – Cusco, where our staff will be waiting for you to escort you to the hotel in Cusco.
- Departure time of Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Poroy – Cusco station is 3.20 p.m.
- Machu Picchu altitude. 2450 meters /8.030 feet
Important: In this itinerary, train departure times may vary according to availability.
We include in Huchuy Qosqo trek.
- Exclusive mobility throughout the tour (Cusco – Taucca / Lamay – Ollantaytambo / Poroy – Cusco.
- Access ticket to Huchuy Qosqo and Machu Picchu
- Professional guide throughout the tour.
- Professional chef in Huchuy Qosqo.
- Mules or horses to transport the camping equipment and 1 emergency.
- Food: 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners (optional vegetarian at no additional cost)
- Snacks on the first day
- First aid kit and oxygen
- 1-night in a family house in Huchuy Qosqo or in tents
- 1-night at Hatun Samay hotel in Machupicchu town (2-star)
- Train tickets (Vistadome and Expedition) Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Poroy in Cusco
- Permanent assistance 24 hours a day
We don’t include in Huchuy Qosqo hike.
- Food: breakfast in the first-day and the last-day; lunch and dinner
- Ticket for mountain Huaynapicchu or mountain Machu Picchu
- Personal stuff
- Tips (optional)
- To make Huchuy Qosqo trek to Machu Picchu, you must be in Cusco at least 2 days in advance to acclimatize.
- Wear appropriate clothes for the hike
- Drink infusion of coca leaves that will help you acclimatize better
What you have to carry
The company Machupicchu Andes Tours – Matours will provide you with a duffel bag so you can pack all the things you need on tour. But you should also bring a personal backpack for the trek.
- Copy of your passport or photo
- Warm jackets, gloves, warm polar hat and socks
- Hiking Shoe
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Polo shirts
- Comfortable pants
- Insect repellent
- Personal medication
- Flashlight with spare batteries
- Walking sticks
- Extra money (soles)
Huchuy Qosqo trek prices 3 days
This tour is only done in private service (exclusive)
The whole tour will be in exclusive private service for your group, so you can fully enjoy your trip. We have daily departures with a minimum of 2 people.
In the price, we include accommodation in Aguas Calientes village in a 2-star hotel in a twin or marital room and the cost varies according to the size of your group.
Your group size
Price per person
All these services are not included in this package, if you want, you should add it to your reservation.
- With 3-star hotel US$ 20 per person. Cabaña hotel or Waman Hotel
- 4-star hotel US$ 60 per person. Tierra Viva hotel – Machu Picchu
- To climb to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, add US$ 20 per person.
- Buffet lunch in Machu Picchu village US$ 20 per person
We offer discounts of US$ 20
- The discount for those countries that belong to the Andean Community (Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, and Ecuador)
- Discounts for foreign students who have a valid and original University card. For more information, click here.