Cusco – Salkantay Mountain – Cusco
To begin this spectacular 1-day hike, we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 3:30 a.m.
Then, get away from the bustling city in a minibus and with your personalized professional guide. In 2-hour journey, stop in Mollepata town and have an energetic breakfast in a family house. Then, continue your trip until Soraypampa, trek start place.
Adjust your shoes and walking sticks and start uphill hike for approximately 3 hours at a moderate pace. While recovering the energies at the highest point of the trek (4600 m / 15,088 feet), see the horizon and enjoy the full compendium of the beauty of nature. Sacred mountains covered with snow and deep valleys. Visit also the small blue lagoon of Salkantay and before the descent does not forget to take good pictures.
After an excellent fun, descend to the bus station of Soraypampa and board your private mobility to the city of Mollepata. Have lunch in a local family house and later return to the city of Cusco (arrival at 20:00 hours).
Included in Salkantay trek 1 day
- Private round-trip transportation from the hotel in Cusco – Soraypampa – Hotel Cusco.
- Multilingual guide and hiking expert.
- Breakfast and lunch
Does not include
- Food and beverages not mentioned.
- Horses (if necessary, you might rent in the same place).
- Waking sticks (we can rent you)
- Tips (optional)
- To make this tour Salkantay trek 1 day. You have to be in the city of Cusco one day before the hiking.
- Take short walks around Cusco to acclimatize well.
- Remember, on this hike; the highest point is 4600 meters above sea level / 15091 feet.
- The temperature fluctuates between 0 ° C to 8 ° C / 32 ° F to 46 ° F with strong winds, and occasionally it is snowing.
- The trek is a little demanding due to the oxygen shortage.
- Wear suitable clothing for the walk: Hiking shoes, thermal clothing, waterproof and warm jackets, gloves and hat.
Carry inside your light backpack
- Personal documents
- Rain poncho
- Photographic camera
- Personal items and medications
Salkantay trek 1 day is only in private service (exclusive) because there are not many tourists doing this excursion.
The price is per person and varies according to the size of your group (The group can be formed by your family, friends, co-workers or study and others).