Journey Cusco Machupicchu 4 Days / 3 Nights
First Day: Reception at the airport – City tour Cusco – 4 archaeological complexes
- In the morning, reception at the airport in Cusco at the time your flight arrives.
- 13:20 hours. Start of the City Tour Cusco and 4 archaeological complexes.
- 6:00 pm. Return to Cusco city.
- Tour duration 5 and a half hours.
- Highest point Tambomachay 3710 meters / 12139 feet
Second Day: Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo) – Machupicchu Village
- 8:20 hours. Pick up from your hotel
- 10:00 hours. Visit Pisaq.
- 12:00 hours. Buffet lunch in Urubamba.
- 16:00 hours. End of our tour in Ollantaytambo.
- 18:34 hours. Boarding at Ollantaytambo train station.
- 19:04 hours. train departure from Ollantaytambo station to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- 20:43 hours. Arrival in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- 21:10 hours. Meeting with the professional tour guide to visit Machu Picchu.
Third Day: Visit the Inca city of Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Today choose the time you want to visit Machupicchu. It can be very early or a little late.
- The duration of the tour in the city of Machupicchu is 2 and a half hours.
- 15:20 or 18:20 hrs. Return train from Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo
- Arrival in Cusco will depend on the train schedule (3-hour trip)
Fourth Day: Free day – Transfer to the airport or bus terminal
- Our staff will go through your hotel for 2 hours and 20 minutes before your flight departure.
- Your flight must arrive at Cusco airport before 11:00 am.
- Inform us if you have any setbacks or delays when arriving in Cusco
- When you are in Cusco, drink coca leaves infusion to prevent altitude sickness.
- Personal documents (Passport, Identification Cards, student card or others)
- A small backpack for the tours (leaves heavy bags in Cusco).
- Poncho for the rainy season (November through April).
- Sun hat
- Mosquito repellent
- Bottled water.
- Personal medications.
- Extra money (PEN)
- Cameras and others
Detailed Itinerary of the Classic Journey Cusco Machupicchu 4 Days
Day 01: Reception in Cusco- City tour – 4 Archaeological Sites
First, our staff will welcome you at Cusco airport and be escorted to your hotel. Take your time off until 1:20 p.m. It is advisable to drink coca leaves infusion to avoid altitude sickness.
At 13:20 hours, the start of a 5 and a half hour tour will take you to explore the most visited places in and outside of Cusco. Visit the Cathedral and admire its religious ornamentation. Then, I continued walking through the narrow streets to the Temple of the Sun (Qoricancha). Observe the beauty and the perfect harmony of religious syncretism.
Then, get away from the city to visit and discover the 4 archaeological complexes and enjoy the stone masterpiece of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, and Tambomachay.
Finally, return to the city of Cusco at around 6:00 p.m.
- Accommodation in Cusco at selected hotel.
Day 02: Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Machu Picchu
At 8:20 a.m. start a full day tour through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, in the afternoon take a train to Machupicchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) and spend the night at the foot of the Machupicchu Mountain.
First, visit the local market of Pisaq. It is the clear evidence of living culture, where you can see the natives of many Andean communities dressed in their typical costumes, and you will also have the option of buying handicrafts made by them. Then, climb to the top of the mountain where you can witness the huge Inca buildings.
Continue your trip along the Vilcanota River to the city of Urubamba where you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch. Then, continue to Ollantaytambo another Inca archaeological site, which is the only place in Cusco and Peru where people still use the Inca buildings as homes. At this place, our tour ends at 4:00 pm, but you will have the option to continue exploring the archaeological site until 5:00 pm.
Until 7:04 p.m., which is the departure time of your train from Ollantaytambo station to Machu Picchu town, you will have enough time to drink a cafe or to have dinner. When once you arrive at the Machu Picchu town station, our staff will welcome you and escort you to your hotel. At 9:10 p.m. you will have a brief meeting with your tour guide to arrange the time of the next day’s visit.
- Overnight at the selected hotel in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
Day 03: Machupicchu Tour a full day – Cusco
Today is a dream day and the best of our Classic Cusco Tour package. It is advisable to take the first buses to be in the Inca city of Machupicchu before the crowds arrive and take striking photographs.
Together with your professional guide, start a journey of 2 and a half hours through the enigmatic city of the Incas, you will marvel at the perfection of the construction and the excellent harmony with the topography, discover the secrets behind it and admire the fascinating landscapes.
If you booked the entrance ticket to Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain, after the tour you will have free time to go on your own. From the top of any of the 2 mountains, enjoy stunning panoramic views (climbing the mountains is optional).
After all, at the right time, take the collective bus to the city of Aguas Calientes and head towards the train station. Departure time of your train from 3:20 p.m. or 6:20 p.m., depending on availability.
Upon arrival at the train station of Ollantaytambo or Poroy in Cusco, our staff and mobility will be waiting for you to escort you to the city of Cusco.
- Lunch at Machupicchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) is optional
- Overnight at the selected hotel in Cusco.
Day 04: Farewell transfer to Cusco airport
Two hours and twenty minutes before the departure of your flight, our representative and mobility will go through your hotel to escort you to the airport of Cusco. If your flight departs in the afternoon, you will have free time to explore more to the city of Cusco, visit museums or to buy some souvenirs.
End of our service.
What it includes in Classic Trip Cusco Machupicchu
- Welcome reception at the Cusco airport and transfer to the selected hotel
- Tourist bus in City Tour and Sacred Valley of the Incas
- All access tickets to the places to visit in City tour Cusco and Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Tour guide service in City tour Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machupicchu
- Mobility from Poroy or Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco.
- Round trip EXPEDITION train tickets between Ollantaytambo and the city of Machu Picchu
- Collective bus tickets between Aguas Calientes and the Inca city of Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to the Inca city of Machu Picchu
- All the tour in shared or private service (exclusive)
- 3-night accommodation in a 2-star hotel with breakfast (2 nights in Cusco and 1 in Machupicchu Pueblo)
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Mobility from your hotel to the Cusco airport
It’s not included
- Food not mentioned in inclusion.
- All flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Personal articles
- Tickets to Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain (optional)
- Tips (optional)
Price of the Journey Cusco Machupicchu 4 Days
We have 2 types of services:
Group. 16 people will share the entire tour
Private. The whole journey will be exclusive for your group (it can be a wedding trip, between families, friends, co-workers, students, etc.)
All our prices shown in the table are expressed in US dollars and per person. Includes 3-night accommodation in a 2-star hotel in a double or marital room and the trip on EXPEDITION TRAIN from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu and does NOT include access tickets to the mountains (Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain).
If you wish to spend the nights in a superior hotel and travel on the Vistadome train, select some of our optional services.
Price in group service
N° of people
Price per person
Rates in private service (Exclusive)
Mobility from your hotel in Cusco to the train station, tour guide service in City tour, in Sacred Valley and Machupicchu will be private (exclusive for your group)
Your group size
Price per person
Our optional services
These services are not included in our prices. If you want, add to your reservation.
- Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain US$ 20 (indicate the mountain you want to climb)
- to spend 3-night in a 3-star hotel US$ 40 per person
- to spend 3-night in a 4-star hotel US$ 120 per person
- Return by Vistadome Train to Poroy Cusco station. 4:43 pm US$ 37
- Buffet Lunch at Machupicchu Pueblo US$ 20
We offer a US$ 20 off per person.
- For international students under 25 who have a student Card valid expiration date at the time of the tour. Also for regular students between 8 to 17 years old. More details here.
- The countries that belong to the Andean Community (CAN) Colombia, Bolivia, and Ecuador
- Special discount for Peruvians US$ 30 per adult and US$ 35 per student.
All the accommodation establishments with which we work in the city of Cusco and Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) are carefully selected and verified by ourselves and have an excellent service and location that will provide you quick access to all places of interest.