Classic Inca Trail 4-Day to Machupicchu 4-Day
Classic Inca Trail 4-Day Summary
- FIRST DAY: Cusco – Km 82 – Huayllabamba
- SECOND DAY: Huayllabamba – Warmiwañusca – Pacaymayo
- THIRD DAY: Pacaymayo – Puyupatamarka – Wiñayhuayna
- FOURTH DAY: Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco
The best of the Inca Path.
Famous Inca Path 4-Day Detailed Itinerary
DAY 1: Cusco – Km 82 – Wayllabamba.
At 5:00 am. Begin your trip in Cusco traveling in a minivan up to kilometer 82 and meet our expedition team that will accompany you during your trip: local porters, cook, and your guide. Then pass the checkpoint, show your passport and tickets. Then continue your expedition on a gentle trail to the Wayllabamba campsite, which is at 3,050 meters / 10,006 feet. On the way, visit the archaeological site of Llaqtapata and enjoy the splendid landscapes of the Urubamba river valley, as well as the incredible views of the snow-clad mountains. At 6:30 p.m., in the camp, enjoy a nutritious dinner.
- Cusco Altitude – 3,350 meters / 11,988 feet
- Km 82 altitude – 2710 meters /8,891
- Campsite altitude – 3,050 meters / 10,006 feet
- Length – 13 km / 8 miles
- Hiking time – 6 hours
- Difficulty – Moderated
- Food – lunch and dinner
DAY 2: Wayllabamba – Warmiwañusca – Pacaymayo
Today is the most challenging day of the classic Inca Trail because you will cross to the highest point of the trek.
Take your breakfast at 6:00 a.m. Then start the 5-hour walk until you reach the highest point commonly called Warmiwañusca (dead woman), which is locating at an altitude of 4200 meters / 13779 feet. Therefore, you will have amazing views of the eastern mountain range of the Andes. Next, continue your journey down a beautiful stone path to the Pacaymayo camp (3,640 meters / 11,942 feet). After lunch, take a relaxing break. After a comfortable dinner, spend your second-night camping beside a small stream.
- Highest point (dead woman) – 4,200meters / 13779 feet
- Campsite – 3,640 meters / 11942
- Length – 11 km / 6.8 miles
- Hiking time – 7 hours
- Difficulty – Challenge
- Food – Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
DAY 3: Pacaymayo – Phuyupatamarca – Wiñaywayna
After the energetic breakfast, start the day with a climb from the Pacaymayo valley to the Runkuracay pass (3970 meters / 13,024 feet). On this journey, let yourself be fascinated by the charm of nature, deep valleys, steep mountains covered with green vegetation and other covered with snow. Gradually descend to the lunch spot, visiting the small archaeological sites. After a short rest, continue going down for 2-hour to Wiñayhuayna, place of the last night of camping and in the afternoon, explore the archaeological complex of Wiñayhuayna.
- Highest point (Runkuracay) – 3,970meters / 12.696 feet
- Campsite – 2,700 meters / 8.858 feet
- Length – 15 km / 9.3 miles
- Hiking time – 9 hours
- Difficulty – moderate
- Food – breakfast, lunch, and dinner
DAY 4: Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco
It is the final and most awaited stretch of the classic Inca Trail adventure. Because you will visit one of the wonders of the world, Machu Picchu.
Start your last day of hiking before sunrise with the delicious breakfast at 4:00 a.m. and say goodbye to the porters and Chef. Then, right away, start walking with your leader at 4:30 a.m. follows a path that goes through a humid forest full of flora and fauna to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku). From where you will enjoy incredible panoramic views of the Inca city of Machupicchu. Then, descend to the town and explore for 2 hours together with your expert tour guide.
After all, take the bus to the city of Aguas Calientes. Have lunch at any restaurant on your own. Then head to Aguas Calientes train station to board your return train to Poroy station (train departure 3:20 p.m.), where our staff will be waiting to take you in a minivan to Cusco – Hotel.
- Highest point (Sun Gate) – 2,720 meters / 8.924 feet
- Machupicchu – 2,450 meters / 8.038 feet
- Length – 5 km / 3.1 miles
- Hiking time – 2 hours
- Difficulty – Easy
- Food – Breakfast
NOTE. To climb the Huayna Picchu or the mountain, make an additional reservation and discover crazy engineers building.
End of the adventure on the Famous Inca Path 4-Day.
Our Inclusions in Classic Inca Trail 4-Day.
- A private minivan to journey from Cusco to Km. 82
- A well-trained bilingual guide on the Inca trail (an assistant guide for groups over 9 people)
- Entrance tickets to the classic Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts (optional vegetarian at no additional cost)
- A tent of 4 stations shared between 2 people and a mattress
- A spacious dining tent to have a comfortable breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- A kitchen tent, so that our cook can prepare the food with total care.
- Private professional chef
- Chairs and dining table
- First aid kit and oxygen
- Porters service to carry our luggage and camping equipment
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Return train ticket from Aguas Calientes – Poroy Cusco train station
- A private minivan from the Poroy train station to Cusco – Hotel
Are not included in the package
- Sleeping bag
- Personal stuff
- First-day breakfast
- Lunch, and dinner on the last day
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu or Mountain.
- Travel insurance. Please, we beg you to take out travel insurance.
- Walking sticks
- Tips (optional)
- Before booking this Classic Inca Trail 4-day, ask us about availability for the dates you want. Usually, reservations must be made at least 6-month in advance, depending on the season.
- Be in Cusco at least 2-day before the hike.
- Drink infusion of coca leaves to avoid altitude sickness and
- Take short hikes in Cusco to acclimatize, or you can also hire short tours around Cusco. Here you have the alternatives: Tour Cusco Combined (duration 5 hours), Tour Chinchero – Maras Salt mine – Moray (duration 6 hours), Tour Valle Sur Cusco (duration 6 hours) and Tour Sacred Valley of the Incas (full day). If you want to book any of these tours, you must hire separately.
We will provide you with a duffel bag where you can carry everything detailed below and you should also bring a small personal backpack so you can take your document, Waters, Snacks, Cameras and others. Because the canvas bag will be transported by the porters.
- Passport or other documents
- Thick sweater or jacket
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- 2 poles
- Long and short pants
- Personal articles
- Water bottles
- Plastic bag
- Camera with extra battery
- Mosquito repellent
- Toilet paper
- Water purifying tablets
- Sandals to relax the feet in the camp
- Cap or hat
- Personal medicines
- Extra money (PEN).
Our prices in the Famous Inca Path 4-Day
Prices 2019 through January 31, 2020.
All the tour is in private or exclusive service. The price varies according to the people number in your group (among families, friends, partners, and others). The more people in your group, the price is lower.
In the prices shown below, we include the Expedition train ticket, which is an economic service and if you want to return by Vistadome train, you must add a supplement.
Your group size
Price per person
|2 Hikers||US$ 870|
|3 Hikers||US$ 840|
|4 Hikers||US$ 800|
|5 Hikers||US$ 760|
|6 Hikers||US$ 720|
|7 Hikers||US$ 680|
We offer discounts
- US$ 30 off. For university students under 25 who have a university card in PVC material. The card must have the following requirements: information of the university, personal information and the photograph of the student and expiration date valid only for one year, must coincide with the year in which the student makes the hike.
- US$ 35 off. For children under 12 years old.
- Special discounts for children under 11 and for groups of travel companies.
Note: To receive the discount benefit, we need you to send us the photo or the high-quality scan of the card. We also need to see the high-quality picture or scan of the passports of students under 17 and children under 12 years.
All these optional services are not included in the package price; if you wish, you must add at the time of booking.
- Sleeping bag. US$ 25
- Two walking sticks. US$ 15
- One single tent. US$ 30
- Additional porter for 5 kg. US$ 115
- To climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. US$ 70
- Journey by Vistadome train. US$ 37