8-day Peru expeditions, the best tour package in Peru, Peru sightseeing.
Peru Expeditions Summary
- Day 1. Arrival in Lima and Lima City Tour (overnight in Lima)
- Day 2. Flight to Arequipa and Arequipa city tour (overnight in Arequipa)
- Day 3. Arequipa – Colca Canyon Tour – Arequipa Cusco (Bus night trip)
- Day 4. Arrival in Cusco and traditional Cusco city tour (overnight in Cusco)
- Day 5. Tour Sacred Valley of the Incas – Machu Picchu (overnight in Machu Picchu)
- Day 6. Tour to Machu Picchu – Cusco (overnight in Cusco)
- Day 7. Free Time in Cusco / Optional Tours (overnight in Cusco)
- Day 8. Farewell transfer to the airport of Cusco – Lima – return home
Tour route, Peru expeditions
Detailed Program of Peru Expeditions
Day 1. Arrival in Lima and Lima City Tour
A.M. Upon arrival in Lima, the capital of Peru, you will be welcomed by our host and accompanied to your hotel in the Miraflores district.
At 2:50 p.m., take a 4-hour tour of the city of kings. The colonial Lima tour includes a dazzling walk through the great main square that, framed by its beautiful Cathedral and by the Archbishop’s palaces, Government and Municipal, will make you travel to the past. Then visit the famous catacombs of the San Francisco convent. Continue your walk through the modern and tourist districts of San Isidro and Miraflores, from where you will enjoy beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean and the Costa Verde.
- Overnight in Lima
Day 2. Flight Lima – Arequipa and Arequipa City tour
A.M., at the appropriate time, will be transferred from your hotel to Lima airport and will take a trip of 1 hour and a half. Upon arrival in Arequipa, our staff will receive you and accompany you to your hotel. After chek-in, take your free time.
At 13:30 hours, take the Arequipa City tour, visit the main square, and admire the cathedral built of ashlar. Also, visit the convent of Santa Catalina and the church of the company of Jesus. To end your visit, head towards the Yanahuara viewpoint, from where you will enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the white city and the Misti volcano.
- Overnight in Arequipa
- Breakfast in hotel
Day 3. Arequipa – Tour to the Colca Canyon – Night bus to Cusco.
At 3 a.m., start a trip from Arequipa to the Colca Valley. In 3 hours, make a brief stop in Chivay to enjoy your breakfast. Then continue your trip for 2 hours to the Cruz del Condor viewpoint.
At the Cruz del Condor, take your time to enjoy the scenic beauty of the canyon and the majestic flight of the condors. Subsequently, take your mobility back to Chivay, making shortstops in the villages of Pinchollo, Maca, and Yanque. Then, enjoy your lunch and visit the thermal baths of Calera.
In the afternoon, return to Arequipa also making small stops at the viewpoint of the volcanoes, the national reserves of Salinas and Aguada Blanca, inhabited by South American camelids (La Llama, Alpaca, Guanaco and especially Vicuña). Arrival at 6:00 p.m.
At 10 pm, start a night trip from Arequipa to Puno (12-hour trip).
Optional. 40-minute flight Arequipa – Cusco. If you want to take this option, you must travel the morning of the next day.
- Night trip on the Cruz del Sur bus, VIP seat.
- Breakfast and lunch in Chivay
Day 4. Arrival to Cusco and City Tour
Upon arrival in Cusco, our staff will receive you and accompany you to your hotel. After chek-in, take your free time.
At 1:20 p.m., take a 6-hour tour of the city of Cusco, explore the capital of the Inca empire and its surroundings.
Start at the main square, vibrant space with extensive gardens. Visit the Cathedral, a masterpiece of the colonial era that contains incalculable wealth. Then, continue walking along Loreto Street and make a brief stop at the Temple of the Sun (Coricancha) to admire the perfect combination of Inca and European architecture.
Also visit the four incredible archeological sites built with rocks of more than 130 tons, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay and finally return to your hotel (6:30 p.m.).
- Overnight in Cusco
Day 5. Sacred Valley Tour – Machu Picchu
After breakfast, at 8:40 a.m., head to the Sacred Valley. First, visit the archaeological site of Pisac located on the slopes of a mountain. Then, visit the colorful market of Pisac to observe the local lifestyle. Continue your tour of the Sacred Valley and enjoy your buffet lunch in the city of Urubamba. Finally, explore the Archaeological Park of Ollantaytambo and see amazing stone buildings.
After the tour, head to Ollantaytambo station to take your train to Aguas Calientes (at 4:36 p.m. / 7:04 p.m.). Upon arrival, be received and escorted to your hotel.
- Overnight in Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes)
- Breakfast and Buffet lunch in Chivay
Day 6. Tour to Machu Picchu – Cusco
Today is a special day of our program, Peru expeditions because you will visit the wonder of the world.
After breakfast and at the time indicated on your access ticket to Machu Picchu, take a 25-minute bus to the lost city of the Incas that sits on top of a steep mountain (2,430 meters above sea level). It is a mysterious Inca citadel built in the fifteenth century, where you will marvel at the challenging lithic construction and the breathtaking views of the eastern Andes mountain range.
After the tour, take a bus back to Aguas Calientes and then head to the train station to take your train back to the Ollantaytambo / Poroy station in Cusco. Upon arrival, be received and accompanied to your hotel.
- Overnight in Cusco
Day 7. Free day in Cusco / Optional Tours
Today you can explore the city of Cusco on your own, visit museums, shop, etc. If you prefer, you can also hire our optional tours:
- The 7-color Mountain (Viñicunca)
- Tour to the 7-color Palcoyo Mountain, Raqchi and 4 lagoons
- Humantay Lagoon Tour
- Maras Moray Chinchero Tour
- South Valley Cusco
- Condor watching in the Chonta canyon
- Overnight in Cusco
- Breakfast in hotel
Day 8. Flight from Cusco – Lima – Return Home
With 2 hours and 20 minutes before the departure of your flight, our staff will pass by your hotel to take you to the Cusco airport.
end of our service
We are infinitely grateful for your preference. We hope that our service has been to your liking.
What is included in Peru expeditions
- All transfers airport – hotel – airport (in Lima and Cusco).
- All transfers to hotels, bus stations and train stations in Ollantaytambo / Poroy.
- Service of a first-level professional guide (in English or Spanish)
- 6 nights’ accommodation in 3-star hotels (1 Lima, 1 Arequipa, 3 Cusco and 1 Machu Picchu)
- 1-night bus trip from Arequipa – Cusco
- Meals indicated in the itinerary: Daily breakfast (D) and for lunch (A)
- All excursions and visits indicated in the itinerary.
- All tickets or income to places to visit according to the itinerary.
- Expedition train and Consettur bus tickets
- Hotel service charges. Foreign visitors are exempt from IGV tax.
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, extras at the hotel, etc.
- Food not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips (optional)
- All air tickets
- Services not indicated in the itinerary.
For the best development of our Peru expeditions program, consider the following:
- Please try to arrive in Lima in the morning hours, at least before noon.
- Let us know in advance if you have any mishap upon arrival
- To travel to Machu Picchu, leave your heavy bags at the Cusco hotel. Carry a maximum bag of 20 liters.
- It is necessary to carry the identity document or passport
- If you are a student, you must bring your student card
- Wear appropriate clothing for the tour
- If you take this tour from December to March, we recommend that you bring a raincoat
- Use insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses, wide-brimmed hats in the dry season (May to November)
- We recommend carrying a binocular and a camera
- Medications and personal items
- Carry money in small denominations, preferably in PEN
- Swimsuit, if you want to use the thermal baths in Calera and Machu Picchu.
- Bottled water
- To climb to Huayna Picchu / Mountain, make a reservation two months in advance.
Price of the 8-day program, Peru expeditions
Our prices are expressed in US dollars and per person. Also in a double 3-star hotel room and the regular service tour. If you want to book a single room, you must add a supplement.
|N° of people||Price per person||Apply|
|from 2 to + people||US$ 00.00|
We offer USD 20.00 discount.
- For countries that belong to the Andean Community (CAN) Colombia, Bolivia, and Ecuador.
- For university students under 25, they must have an original student card issued by the university, made of PVC material containing the following; The university information, the student’s personal information, the student’s photo and the expiration date of the card must be valid when visiting Machu Picchu.
- Also, for children from 8 to 17 years.
- Special discounts for children under 7 years, Peruvians and groups organized by travel agencies.
These services are not included in the package price, if you wish, you must add it.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu / Mountain US$ 20.00.
- Vistadome train service: US$ 75.00
- Check the price of Belmond Hiram Bingham / The First Class luxury trains.
- If you want to take a tour on the 11th, ask for prices.
- If you want to spend the nights in a superior category hotel, such as 4 or 5 stars, check our confidential prices.