Tour Exploring Cusco 4-day. City tour, Machu Picchu, the 7 colors mountain or Humantay lagoon.
Summary of the Tour Exploring Cusco 4-day.
First Day: Reception at the Airport – City tour Cusco – 4 archaeological sites.
- In the morning. Pick you up from the Cusco Airport at the time your flight arrives
- 13:20 hours. Start of the City Tour Cusco and 4 nearby archaeological sites
- 6:00 p.m. Return to the city of Cusco
- Duration of the Tour 5 and a half hours
- Highest point Tambomachay 3710 meters / 12139 feet
Second Day: Cusco – Machu Picchu full Day – Cusco.
- 4:40 hours. Pick up from your hotel and travel to Ollantaytambo station
- 06:10 hours. Train departure from Ollantaytambo towards Machu Picchu village
- 07:43 hours. The arrival of the train to Machu Picchu town
- 09:30 hours. Start of the guided tour for 2 and a half hours in the Inca city of Machu Picchu.
- 3:20 or 6:20 p.m. Departure of the return train. It will depend on availability.
- The time of arrival in Cusco will depend on the departure time of the train from Machu Picchu Pueblo (3 hours trip).
Third Day: Short hike to the 7 Colors Mountain or Humantay Lagoon
- To start any of the 2 tours, the pick-up from your hotel will be at 4:40 a.m.
- To any of the 2 destinations, the minivan trip will be 2 and a half hours.
- In any of the 2 destinations, the trek will be almost hours (optional horse)
- Return to Cusco at approximately 6:30 p.m.
Fourth Day: Transfer to the airport or bus terminal
- Our staff will go through your hotel 2 hours and 20 minutes before your flight departure.
The detailed itinerary of the Tour Exploring Cusco 4-day package.
Day 01: Reception in Cusco – City tour and 4 Archaeological Sites.
First, our staff will welcome you at the Cusco airport and escort you to your hotel. Take your time off until 1:20 p.m., It is advisable to drink coca leaves infusion to avoid altitude sickness.
At 1:20 p.m., we will start a 5 and a half hour tour, which will take us to explore the most visited places inside and outside the city of Cusco. First, we will visit the Cathedral where we will admire the religious ornamentation; then, we will continue walking through the narrow streets of Cusco to the Temple of the Sun (Qoricancha) where we will observe the beauty and the perfect harmony of the religious syncretism.
After, we will move away from the city to visit and discover the four archaeological complexes and admire the stone masterpiece of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, and Tambomachay. Finally, we will return to the city of Cusco at approximately 18:00 hours.
- Accommodation in Cusco at selected hotel.
Day 02: Cusco – Machu Picchu full Day – Cusco
Today, we will take a full day tour to the Inca city of Machupicchu.
At 4:40 hours. We will pass through your hotel and travel to the train station of Poroy or Ollantaytambo. We will have an impressive trip through the Sacred Valley of the Incas surrounded by huge mountains.
Upon arrival in the city of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes), company staff will welcome us and escort us to the bus station that will take us to the main gate of the Inca city of Machupicchu. Together with our tour guide, we will visit the lost city of the Incas, marvel at the perfection of the construction and discover the history behind it.
After all, we will board a bus back to the city of Aguas Calientes for lunch (optional) and then we will take the train back to the Poroy station in Cusco or Ollantaytambo. Upon our arrival, the company staff will also be waiting for us to conduct us to the city of Cusco.
- Overnight in Cusco at selected hotel.
Day 03: Short trek to the 7 Colors Mountain or Humantay Lagoon
The 2 natural attractions are amazing because we will have impressive panoramic views of snow-capped mountains, beautiful valleys, and fresh air. We can also witness animals in their natural state.
The only difference between the two is: in one of them we can see mountains of different colors formed by several types of minerals, and in the other, we will see a small lake formed by the thaw of the Humantay Mountain.
To start any of the 2 tours, pick-up from your hotel will be at 4:40 a.m. Then we will travel for 2 and a half hours until the beginning of the hike of any of the 2 attractions. Also in any of the 2 destinations, the uphill walk will be 2 hours (if we want to climb on a horse, we can rent in the same place) and in the afternoon we will return to Cusco at approximately 18:30 hours.
- The maximum height of the Mountain of 7 colors: 5100 meters / 16732 feet
- The maximum height of the Humantay Lagoon: 4200 meters / 13779 feet
Day 04: Farewell transfer to Cusco airport.
Our staff will go to your hotel, 2 hours and 20 minutes before the departure of your flight and escort you to the Cusco airport.
If your flight leaves in the afternoon, in the morning you will have free time to explore more the city of Cusco, visit museums or buy some souvenirs.
End of our service.
In the package, the Trip Exploring Cusco 4 days is included?
- Welcome reception at the Cusco airport and transfer to the selected hotel
- Tourist bus on all tours
- All tickets to access the places to visit
- Service of an official tour guide on all tours
- Round trip mobility between Cusco and train station
- Round trip EXPEDITION train tickets between Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu town
- Bus tickets Collective between Aguas Calientes and Inca City of Machupicchu
- Entrance ticket to the Inca city of Machu Picchu
- All the tour in private service (exclusive)
- 3-night accommodation in Cusco in a 2, 3 or 4-star hotel with breakfast
- Breakfast and lunch on the third day
- 24-hour permanent assistance
- Mobility from your hotel to the Cusco airport
It’s not included
- To do the Tour Exploring Cusco 4 days. Your flight must arrive at the Cusco airport before 11:00 am.
- Inform us if you have any setbacks or delays when arriving in Cusco.
- When in Cusco, drink coca leaves infusion to prevent altitude sickness.
- Personal documents (Passport, cedulas, Student Card or others)
- A small backpack for the tours (leave your heavy suitcase in Cusco)
- Poncho for the rainy season (November to April)
- Sun hat
- Mosquito repellent
- Water in the bottle
- Personal medications
- Cameras and others
- Extra money (PEN)
Prices of the Tour Exploring Cusco 4 days.
Our prices are expressed in US dollars and per person. They are also based on a 2, 3 or 4-star hotel in a marital or twin room.
Rates in private service (Exclusive)
We offer the entire tour in private service (exclusive) from the welcome reception until.
With 2-Star Hotel in Cusco (Emperador Plaza or San Pedro Monasterio)
Your group size
Price per person
3-Star Hotel in Cusco (Hotel Garcilaso or similar)
Your group size
Price per person
4-Star Hotel in Cusco (Sonesta Hotel Cusco or similar)
Your group size
Price per person
Our optional services
All these services are not included in our prices. If you want, add in your reservation.
- To climb to Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain US$ 20 (Indicate the mountain you wish to climb)
- To travel by Vistadome train from the Poroy Cusco station US$ 75
- Buffet Lunch at Machupicchu Pueblo US$ 20
We offer a US$ 20 off per person.
- For foreign students under 25 years of age who have a university card with the valid expiration date at the time of the tour. Also for regular students between 8 and 17 years old.
- The countries that belong to the Andean Community (CAN) Colombia, Bolivia, and Ecuador. More details here.
- Special discounts for Peruvians US$ 30 per adult and US$ 35 per student.