Short Inca Trail 2-Day to Machu Picchu Private Hiking Tour. The best adventure and Trek in Peru. Train trip. Rainforest and archeological sites hike.
Map of the Short Inca Trail 2-Day to Machu Picchu.
Short Inca Trail 2-Day – Summary
Day 1: Cusco – Km 104 – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
- At 3:40 a.m. Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Train departure from Ollantaytambo station. 6:10 a.m.
- Hiking start. 8:00 am.
- A short break to eat our snacks. 11:30 am.
- Arrival at Machu Picchu. At approximately 15:00 hours.
- The descent on the bus to Aguas Calientes. 15:30 hours
- Dinner at a good restaurant in Aguas Caliente. 18:30 pm.
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes in a 2-star hotel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco.
- Today will depend on the group the time of departure from the hotel
- Journey by bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu 25 minutes
- Tour with the guide at Machupicchu. 2 and a half hours
- Return train from Aguas Calientes. 18:20 hours
- Pick up from the train station at 22:05 hours
- Arrival in the city of Cusco. At approximately 22:00 hours
Small Inca Path 2-day to Machu Picchu Full Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – km 104 – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.
At 3:40 am, our staff will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to take you to Ollantaytambo train station. Then you will journey by train to the start of the Short Inca Trail 2-day, KM – 104 of the railroad, where you will pass the control accompanied by your authorized official guide for the Inca Trail.
Start to enjoy your adventure visiting the archaeological site of Chachabamba, then continue on an ascending path until you reach Wiñaywayna another beautiful archeological center strategically located. Here, take a short break to enjoy your cold lunch and then continue among the humid forest enjoying the abundance of biodiversity (flora and fauna) until you reach the highest point of the route, sun gate (2,720 meters / 8,922 feet).
From Sun gate, appreciate the scenic beauty of the Andes, steep mountains covered with the green and white mantle, deep valleys formed by the Urubamba River. Also, marvel at the first impact of the Inca city of Machupicchu.
After all, go down to the main gate of Machu Picchu to board the bus to Aguas Calientes. At 18:30 hours, your guide will take you to an excellent restaurant for you to enjoy Peruvian food and finally spend the night in a 2-star hotel or in another category.
- Maximum Altitude Inti Punku (sun gate) – 2,720 meters / 8,922 feet
- Minimum Altitude – 2150 meters /7053 pies
- Length – 10.5 km /6.6 miles
- Walking time – 6 – 7 hours
- Difficulty – Easy to Moderate
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
Today, choose the time you want to leave the hotel. After breakfast, take the bus accompanied by your tour guide to the Inca city of Machu Picchu and explore every corner of the wonderful Inca city along with your expert guide. After 2 and a half hours of travel, on your own, you can go up to Huaynapicchu or Mountain. To climb these Mountains, you must make an extra reservation in advance (It is optional).
Then, take the bus to Aguas Calientes for lunch (on your own), and in the afternoon you have to be at the train station 30 minutes before the time indicated on your train ticket back to the Poroy or Ollantaytambo station. Where our staff will be waiting to take you to the city of Cusco – Hotel.
- Aguas Calientes – 2050masl / 6,7 feet.
- Highest Altitude – 2450masl / 8 feet.
- Walking Distance – 1.6km / 1 miles
We included in the package.
- Pre-departure explanation meeting.
- Private tourist mobility Round trip between Cusco hotel – train station.
- Roundtrip EXPEDITION TRAIN tickets from Poroy or Ollantaytambo station – Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to the Small Inca Trail 2-day & Machu Picchu
- 3 bus tickets between Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes.
- 1-night accommodation in Aguas Calientes town in a 2-star hotel.
- Professional tour guide service
- First aid kit and oxygen balloon.
- 1 lunch (Cold Food) and 1 Dinner. Vegetarian option (no extra charge)
We do not include
- Breakfast on the first day, Lunch and dinner on the second day (on your own)
- Porter for personal equipment
- Travel insurance. You must take out your travel insurance at least during the duration of your adventure.
- Walking sticks
- Accommodations in Cusco
- Flight ticket
- Tips (optional)
Short Inca Trail 2-Day Prices
Prices 2022 through January 31, 2023.
All our services are private. Prices varied according to the people number on your group (between families, friends, partners, and others), based on a Twin or Marital room in a 2-star hotel and Expedition train (basic service).
For a single room or if you want to spend the night in another hotel category. Also to journey in another train category, you must add a supplement.
Your group size
Price per person
We offer discounts.
- US$ 30 for university students under 25 years old, who have a university card with a valid date at the time of the walk issued by their university. Also for children over 12 and under 17 years old (we need to see their passports).
- Special discount for children under 12 years old and for travel agencies groups.
All the services listed below are not included in the package, and if you want to book, you must add them.
- To journey in Vistadome Train – US$ 75 per person
- Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain – US$ 70 per person
- If you want to spend the night in another category of the hotel, such as 3, 4, 5 stars, also if you want a single room, ask about our confidential prices.
The hotels’ prices are based on the Twin or Marital room.
- Before booking this 2-day Inca Small Trail, ask us about availability for the date you want. Generally, reservations must be made at least one month in advance, depending on the season
- Be in Cusco at least 1 day before the hike
- Drink coca leaves infusion to avoid altitude sickness
- Carry passports or another document with which you made the reservation of the Short Inca Trail 2-Day.
- Mosquitoes repellent
- Toilet paper
- Plastic bags for trash and protect cameras
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho (for the rainy season, November – April)
- Two poles
- Sandals to rest your feet in the hotel
- A hat or cap
- Personal medications
- Photographic cameras and
- Extra money (soles).