The best Cusco’s attractions
Itinerary Machupicchu + 7 Colors Mountain 2-Day
First day: Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Pick up from your hotel at 3:40 a.m.
- The bus trip from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station 1 hour and 50 minutes
- Train departure from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes station. 6:10 hours
- Arrival to Aguas Calientes 7:40 am
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu 25 minutes
- Guided tour in Machupicchu 2 and a half hours
- Return train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. 15:20 or 18:20 hours, will depend on the availability
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco, the arrival time will depend on the train schedule
- Arrival place San Francisco square – Cusco, 3-block from the main square
Second day: Cusco – Rainbow Mountain or 7 Colors Mountain – Cusco
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco: at 04:30 a.m.
- Journey on minibus: 2 and a half hours
- Walk length: 4 km / 2.5 miles up and down
- Maximum height: 5030 meters / 16502 feet
- Recommended months: May to November sunny
- Temperature: 0 ° C to 8 ° C / 32 ° F to 46 ° F
- Return to Cusco: 6:00 pm
- To go to the 7 Colors Mountain or rainbow mountain, you must be at least 2-day before in Cusco. It’s a good idea, first visit to Machupicchu and then the mountain of colors.
What you should bring
- Passport or any update identity document with which you made the tour reservation.
- If you are a student, take your university card
- In general, the weather is very changeable both in Machupicchu and in Rainbow Mountain: it is recommended to wear light and warm clothing (hats, gloves, etc.). Between April and October, it is totally sunny (use sunscreen or wide-brimmed hat), between November and March it rains torrentially (use raincoat)
- Camera or camcorder
- Bottled water
- Repellent against mosquitoes (Machupicchu)
- Personal medications and
- Leave your heavy suitcase in Cusco
DAY 01: Cusco – Machupicchu – Cusco
At 03:40 a.m. We will pick you up from your hotel and then travel by minibus to Ollantaytambo or Poroy train station. From where you will travel by train to Machupicchu town (Aguas Calientes), where our staff will be waiting to welcome you and escort you to the bus station to the Inca city of Machupicchu.
At the main gate of the Inca city of Machu Picchu, you will meet with your professional tour guide and also with the rest of the group (if you booked in group service). Then, together with your expert leader, explore for 2 and a half hours all the important places of the mysterious Inca city.
First, climb to the lookout (guard house), from where you will have a fantastic panoramic view of one of the wonders of the world (excellent photography place) and then visit the urban area.
Finally. At the appropriate time, catch the bus to the city of Aguas Calientes for lunch (optional), then head to the train station and take your return train to Ollantaytambo or Poroy Cusco station.
Upon arrival, our staff will be waiting for you to escort you to the city of Cusco.
- Travel by bus from Cusco – Ollantaytambo: 1 hour and a half
- The train trip from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes): 1 hour and a half.
DAY 02: Cusco – 7 Colors Mountain – Cusco
At 04:30 a.m. We will pick you up from your hotel on our bus and then we will travel for 2 and a half hours to the community of Chillwani – Cusipata, where we will have our energy breakfast.
After breakfast, we will begin to uphill hike until reach to the 7 colors mountain (5,030 meters / 16502 feet). It will take us one and a half hour. While we climb, we will able to see the beauty of the landscape and animals of this area. South American Camelids (llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas), we can also see birds such as the Andean goose, eagles of different species and if we are lucky the Andean condor.
When we are at the top of the colorful mountain (Wiñikunka), we will have enough time to appreciate and take many photographs. Also, our expert tour guide will tell us all about this colorful land.
After all, we will start to return to Chillwani, place where we will have our delicious lunch and later we will board our minibus towards the city of Cusco. Arrival at approximately 6:00 p.m.
We have 2 types of services:
Group. 16 people will share the entire tour
Private. The whole journey will be exclusive for your group (it can be a wedding trip, between families, friends, co-workers, students, etc.)
Our price is very flexible. It adapts to all kinds of preferences. In our base rate, it includes a trip to Machupicchu by Expedition train and does NOT include accommodations.
Maybe, you want to travel on the Vistadome train. Click on book now; there you will find our optional trains
Those who wish to reserve accommodation in Cusco with us, write us to the e-mail.
Group service price
Price per person
Rates in private service (Exclusive)
The tourist mobility and service of a professional guide in the 2 days will be private (exclusive for your group) and the price varies according to the size of your group.
Your group size
Price per person
Our optional services
These services are not included in our prices if you want you must add to your reservation.
- Huaynapicchu US$ 20 (in private service)
- Machupicchu Mountain US$ 20 (in private service)
- Vistadome train from Ollantaytambo 7:05 am / 4:43 pm US$ 40
- Vistadome Train from Poroy Cusco 7:35 am / 4:43 pm US$ 75
- Buffet Lunch at Machupicchu Pueblo US$ 20
We offer US$ 20 off per person.
- For foreign students under 25 who have a valid expiration date at the time of the tour. Also for regular students between 8 to 17 years old. More details here.
- The countries that belong to the Andean Community (CAN) Colombia, Bolivia, and Ecuador
- Special discounts for Peruvians US$ 30 per adult and US$ 35 per student.
It is included
- Roundtrip mobility between your hotel in Cusco and train station (Ollantaytambo or Poroy)
- Train ticket (Expedition) round trip between Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Bus ticket up and down between Aguas Calientes and Inca city of Machupicchu
- Access ticket to the Inca city of Machu Picchu
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu Inca city in English or Spanish (2 and a half hours)
- Round trip mobility between Cusco and 7 colors Mountain
- Entrance to Rainbow Mountain
- Food: breakfast and lunch in Rainbow Mountain
- First aid kit and oxygen
- Shared or private service (exclusive)
It isn’t included
- Feeds not mentioned in inclusions
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain
- Horses in the mountain of colors (if necessary, you can rent in the same place)
- Personal articles
- Accommodations in Cusco
Note: Please, do not confuse the Inca city of Machupicchu with Machupicchu Mountain, are two different places. In our prices, it includes the Inca city of Machupicchu but not the entrance to Huaynapicchu and mountain Machupicchu (optional)
Machupicchu Andes Tours – Matours specializes in tailormade travel. Here are just some of our further trip suggestions. Contact us for more bespoke ideas to inspire your travels.
- Humantay Lagoon (Full day)
- City Tour Cusco (5.5 hours)
- Sacred Valley (Full day)
- Chinchero – Maras’ Salt mines and Moray (half day)
- South valley Cusco (half day)