Cusco Expedition – Imperial Cusco 6-Day
Summary of Cusco Exploration
First Day: Arrival in Cusco – Visit the City and 4 nearby archaeological sites.
- In the morning, welcome reception at the airport and transfer to the Hotel in Cusco.
- 13:20 hours Visit to the city and 4 nearby archaeological complexes
- 6:00 p.m. End of the tour in Cusco
- Duration of the Tour 5 and a half hours
- Highest point Tambomachay 3710 meters / 12139 feet
Second Day: Sacred Valley of the Incas and Connection to Machu Picchu town
- 8:20 hours. Pick up from your Hotel
- 10:00 hours Visit Pisaq
- 12:00 hours. Buffet lunch in Urubamba
- 16:50 hours. End of our tour in Ollantaytambo
- 19:04 hours Departure of the train from Ollantaytambo station to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes)
- 20:43 hours. Arrival to the Aguas Calientes town
- 9:10 p.m. Brief meeting with the tour guide
Third Day: Visit Machu Picchu “Enigmatic Inca city” – Cusco
- Choose the time you want to visit the Wonder of the World
- Duration of the tour in the city of Machupicchu 2 and a half hours
- 3:20 or 6:20 p.m. Return train departure from Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo
- Arrival in Cusco will depend on the train schedule (3-hour travel)
Fourth Day: Tour to Salt mines of Maras, Moray, and Chinchero
- 8:30 a.m. Departure from Cusco
- 9:20 am. Visit the salt mines of Maras
- 10:40 am. Observe the agricultural experimental center Moray
- 12:40 am. See the Inca textile process in Chinchero
- Chinchero highest point. 3700 meters / 12,139 feet
- Half day tour
Fifth Day: South Valley Cusco (Tipon – Pikillaqta – Andahuaylillas – Cusco)
- 8:30 a.m., pick up from the hotel to travel to the south of Cusco
- 10:00 a.m., visit Tipon
- 11:30 a.m., visit Pikillaqta
- 1:00 p.m., visit the Church of Andahuaylillas
- 2:40 p.m., return to the city of Cusco
Sixth Day: Farewell transfer to Cusco airport
- The opportune moment, transfer to Cusco airport
Detailed Itinerary of Imperial Cusco 6-Day – Cusco Expedition
Arrival in Cusco – Visit the City and 4 nearby archaeological sites.
Upon arrival in the city of Cusco, our staff will welcome you and take you to your hotel. You will have the rest of the morning free to acclimatize.
In the afternoon, enjoy a visit to the Imperial city. Begin your tour with a visit to the Cathedral, the iconic work of the colonial era; then walk through the original streets of the Inca period until you reach the Temple of the Sun or Qoricancha, where you can appreciate the extraordinary work of masonry. Continue with the tour visiting the 4 archaeological sites, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, and Tambomachay, be amazed by the megalithic construction and the perfect fit of polygonal rocks. You will also have a spectacular view of the city of Cusco.
Sacred Valley of the Incas and Connection to Machu Picchu town.
Discover the best of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Visit the handicraft market of Pisaq and browse local handicrafts; continue your trip to the top of the mountain where you can see the impressive architectural works. Then, travel along the shore of the Urubamba River and stop in the city of Urubamba to enjoy the Andean buffet. Then, continue your trip to the city of Ollantaytambo. It is the only living Inca city, nowadays the old precincts are still used as houses.
In this place, your tour ends at 4:00 p.m., but you will have the option to continue exploring the archaeological site until 5:00 p.m. While waiting for your train to Machu Picchu town (7:04 pm), you will have enough time to dine. When once you arrive in Machupicchu town, our staff will welcome you and accompany you to your hotel. At 9:10 p.m. you will have a brief meeting with your tour guide to arrange the time of the tour the next day.
- Accommodation in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
Visit Machu Picchu “Enigmatic Inca city” – Cusco
Today he will visit the most important icon of Peru and South America. It is advisable to take the first buses to be in the Inca city before the crowd and have breathtaking views.
Together with your professional guide, start a tour of 2 hours and a half through the enigmatic city of the Incas, you will marvel at the excellent urban planning and the great challenge that the Inca engineers had before the rugged geography of the Andes.
If you booked the entrance ticket to Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu mountain. After the tour, from the top of any of the 2 mountains, you can enjoy the fascinating landscapes (climbing the mountains is optional and on your own).
After all, at the appropriate time, take the collective bus to the town of Aguas Calientes for lunch. In the afternoon, head towards the train station. Exit hours of your train 3:20 or 6:20 p.m. (subject to availability).
Upon arrival at the train station of Ollantaytambo or Poroy in Cusco, our staff and mobility will be waiting for you to take you to the city of Cusco.
- Lunch in Machupicchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) is optional
- Accommodation in Cusco
Tour to Salt mines of Maras, Moray, and Chinchero
We will pick you up from your hotel around 8 a.m. and will make a beautiful trip to the salt mines of Maras. On your way, you will see beautiful landscapes full of crops and snow-capped mountains. Finally, observe more than 4,000 small salt wells, where salt is harvested from pre-Inca times to the present.
Continue your trip to the agricultural laboratory in Moray. You will see the fascinating display of circular terraces. Moray has several natural depressions used by the Incas. The ancient inhabitants of this area built gardens in the form of overlapping rings to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops.
Then return to Chinchero. It is a small native Inca town, its main tourist attraction is its colorful market on Sundays and Thursdays but if your trip is not made in one of these days, it has a smaller textile center open every day. There, you can see a demonstration of how to make beautiful natural wool suits from South American Camelids.
At the end of your tour, return to Cusco in time to enjoy a delicious lunch on your own.
South Valley Cusco (Tipon – Pikillaqta – Andahuaylillas – Cusco)
Our staff will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 8:45 a.m., then, head south of Cusco with your expert guide. First, visit Tipón. Admire the high quality work of Inca hydraulic engineers and the sophisticated irrigation system. Continue your journey through the fertile valley to Pikillacta. It was one of the most important administrative and religious centers of the pre-Inca Wari culture. Its excellence and perfect urban planning will surprise you. Finally, visit the church of San Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of America) built in the seventeenth century. Observe the interior, the extraordinary artistic work of the Cusco school.
Finally, return to the city of Cusco in time to enjoy a delicious lunch on your own.
Farewell transfer to Cusco airport
Our staff will go through your hotel 2 hours and 20 minutes before the departure of your flight and will escort you to the airport of Cusco. If your flight leaves in the afternoon, you will have free time to explore more to the city of Cusco, visit museums or do some shopping.
Note. This package is modifiable according to your requirements. For example, if you wish, you can take a day off in Cusco, just let us know.
End of our service.
Price of Imperial Cusco 6-Day – Cusco Expedition
We have 2 types of services
GROUP. The entire tour will be shared with 16 people.
PRIVATE. The whole tour will be exclusive for your group (it can be a wedding trip, between families, friends, co-workers, students, etc.)
All our prices shown in the table are expressed in US dollars and per person. Includes 5-night accommodation in a 2-star hotel in a double or marital room and travel on EXPEDITION train from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu and does NOT include access tickets to the mountains (Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain).
If you wish to spend the nights in a superior hotel and travel on the Vistadome train, select some of our optional services.
Price in shared service.
Price per person
Rates in private service (Exclusive).
The mobility and the tour guide service on all tours will be private (exclusive for your group)
Your Group size
Price per person
Our optional services
These services are not included in our prices. If you want, add in your reservation.
- To climb up to Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu mountain US$ 20 (Indicate the mountain you want to climb)
- If you wish to spend the 4-night in a 3-star hotel US$ 60
- If you wish to spend the 4-night in a 4-star Hotel US$ 195
- Return by train Vistadome to the station of Poroy Cusco. 4:43 pm US$ 37
- Buffet Lunch at Machupicchu Pueblo US$ 20
We offer a US$ 20 off per person.
- For international students under 25 years of age, but who have a university card with the valid expiration date at the time of travel. Also for regular students between 8 and 17 years old. More details here.
- The countries that belong to the Andean Community (CAN) Colombia, Bolivia, and Ecuador.
- Peruvians have special discounts of US$ 30 per adult and US$ 35 per student.