Thursday, 6 February, 2020 | Culture Tours Cusco, Uncategorized | 0 Comentarios
The best 6-Day Cusco Expedition
Detailed Itinerary of the 6-Day Cusco Expedition.
Day 1. Welcome reception and City Tour Cusco.
A.M. The moment your flight arrives in Cusco, our host will receive and transfer you to your hotel.
At 1:20 p.m. Take a 6-hour tour that will take you to explore the most exciting places inside and outside the city.
Visit the Cathedral and admire the beautiful religious ornamentation. Then, visit the Temple of the Sun or Qoricancha, observe the beauty and the perfect combination of 2 different cultures (Inca and European).
Later, leave the city to visit the 4 nearby archaeological complexes and enjoy the rock masterpiece of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay, and finally return to your hotel.
“Smile today as if you were traveling”
Day 2. Tour to the Sacred Valley – Machu Picchu.
At 8.30 a.m. Start your trip to the Sacred Valley and visit the archaeological site and the local Pisaq market. Admire the large agricultural terraces and stroll through the colorful local market. At noon, enjoy a buffet lunch in Urubamba and then visit the archaeological site of Ollantaytambo.
At 4:36 p.m. or at 7:04 p.m., take the train from Ollantaytambo station to the city of Machu Picchu. Upon arrival, our host will be waiting to escort you to your hotel.
“You will never be far from home if you make the world your home”
Day 3. Discover Machu Picchu “Wonder of the World”
Take the first buses to the Inca city of Machu Picchu. Accompanied by an excellent professional local guide, explore the lost city of the Incas, marvel at the perfection of the construction, discover the history behind it and admire the fascinating landscapes.
At the end of your tour, take a bus back to the city of Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon, take the return train (3:20 pm or 7:00 pm) to Ollantaytambo station. Upon arrival, our staff will also be waiting for you to escort you to the city of Cusco.
“It is better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times”
Day 4. Humantay Lagoon tour
At 4:30 a.m., depart Cusco and make a brief stop in the city of Mollepata to enjoy an energetic breakfast. Then, continue your trip to the Soraypampa community, where you will begin a 4-hour round trip hike. Enjoy the beauty of the Humantay lagoon, imposing snowy mountains and also take great pictures.
Then, descend to the bus station and take your mobility to the city of Mollepata to enjoy a nutritious lunch. Arrival in Cusco at 6:00 pm.
- Length: 3 km / 1.8 miles
- Highest point: 4,200 meters / 13,780 ft
“Traveling is changing clothes to the soul”
Day 5. Rainbow Mountain Hike
At 4:30 a.m., Depart Cusco and make a brief stop in the city of Cusipata to enjoy an energetic breakfast. Then, continue your trip to the Chilliwani community, where you will begin a 3-hour round trip hike. From the highest point of the tour, enjoy the natural beauty, see colorful mountains, impressive snow-capped mountains and take great pictures.
Then, descend to the bus station and catch your mobility to the city of Cusipata to enjoy a nutritious lunch. Arrival in Cusco at 5:30 p.m.
- Length: 5 km / 3.1 miles
- Highest point: 5,030 meters / 16,503 ft
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed”
Day 6. Farewell transfer to Cusco airport
With 2 hours and 20 minutes before the departure of your flight, our staff will pass by your hotel to take you to the Cusco airport. If your flight leaves in the afternoon, you will have free time to explore more to the city of Cusco or to buy some souvenirs.
End of our service.
“If not now when?”
What’s included in 6-Day Cusco Expedition.
- Private mobility from the airport to the Hotel
- Tour guide service.
- Round-trip train tickets from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo (Expedition Train)
- Access ticket to visit the places included in the package
- Round-trip bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Private Mobility from Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco.
- 5 nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel with breakfast (4 nights in Cusco and 1 in the city of Machu Picchu).
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Homemade breakfast and lunch (on days 4 and 5).
- Private mobility from your hotel to the Cusco airport
- Regular tour (shared)
What’s not include
- Food not mentioned in inclusions
- All air tickets (our team can help you book)
- Travel insurance. We recommend that you take out your travel insurance
- Personal articles
- Tickets to Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain (optional)
- Tips (optional)
- Your flight must arrive at Cusco airport before 11 a.m.
- Tell us if you have any problems or delays when you arrive in Cusco
- At your hotel in Cusco, drink coca leaves to avoid altitude sickness.
- Take a small backpack for tours in Cusco (leave your heavy suitcase at the Cusco hotel)
The things you need to pack in your small backpack
- Personal documents (passport, student card or others)
- All tickets that will be delivered to you in Cusco
- Poncho for the rainy season (November to April)
- sun cover
- Gloves and a scarf.
- Warm clothes for the colorful mountain and the Humantay lagoon.
- Mosquito repellent
- Bottled water
- personal medications
- Extra money (soles / Peruvian currency)
- Cameras and others
6-Day Cusco Expedition Price
Our prices are per person and in US dollars.
We have 2 types of tours.
1) Regular tour
Share the tour with 16 people (tour available only in English or Spanish)
N° of people
Price per person
|from 2 to + people|
2) Private tour
The complete tour will be exclusive only for your group (between couple, family, friends, co-workers or study) and the price varies according to the number of people who book together.
Your group size
Price per person
|6 to + people|
We offer a discount of $ 20 USD.
- For university students under 25 who have a university card made of PVC material. The card must meet the following requirements: Name of the university, personal information, and photographs of the student. The expiration date of the card must be valid when the student visits Machu Picchu.
- For children under 17 years.
- Special discounts for children under 8 years.
Note: To receive the discount benefit, we need you to send us the photo or the high-quality scan of the card. We also need to see the high-quality image or scan of the passport for students under 17 and children under 8 years.
Improve your trip by adding these optional services:
These services are not included in the package price; If you want, you can add.
- To climb the mountain Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu, $ 20 USD
- To travel by Vistadome train, $ 75 USD
- Buffet lunch in the city of Machu Picchu, El Mapi restaurant, $ 20 USD.
If you want to spend the nights in a luxury hotel or superior (4 or 5-star hotel), ask for our confidential rates.