Snow-capped mountain Ausangate trek tour and rainbow mountain.
Details of the 4-day Ausangate Hike Tour and Rainbow Mountain.
DAY 01. Cusco – Tinki – Pajchanta – Pachaspata.
To begin the 4-day Ausangate hike tour, our private mobility will pass by your hotel in Cusco at 7:00 a.m., then take a 3-hour trip to Pajchanta, where you can relax in the hot springs and have lunch.
After your first lunch, take an impressive 3-hour hike to the Pachaspata camp, which is 4750 meters / 15483 feet and between high snow-capped mountains, from where you can enjoy the magnificent sunset views.
- Pajchanta hot springs. 4,320 meters / 14,137 feet
- Hiking length. 6 km /3.7 miles
- Trekking time. Three hours
- Meals: lunch, tea time and dinner
DAY 02. Pachaspata – Jampa Pass – Huchuy Phinaya.
Today you will wake up between beautiful glaciers and lagoons and have breakfast outdoors with breathtaking views. Then start walking uphill to Jhampa Pass (5020 meters / 16470 feet), the first highest point of the Ausangate trek tour. From here, you will enjoy incredible landscapes.
At noon, enjoy a nutritious lunch at Jampa Pampa. Then descend along the shore of a small river of freshwater and among hundreds of South American camelids and spend the second night of the expedition at the Huchuy Pjinaya camp.
- Huchuy Phinaya. 4,600 m / 15091 feet
- Trekking time. 8 hours
- Length. 13 km / 8.1 miles
- Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
DAY 03. Huchuy Phinaya – Palomani Pass – Ananta
This morning will be unforgettable because you can see 100% of the Ausangate mountain, which is the highest in the region of Cusco and the fifth in Peru (6,380 meters / 20,932 feet).
At 6 am. Take your energetic breakfast, then start ascending to Palomani Pass (5,200 meters / 17,060 feet), the highest point of the Ausangate hiking tour. From here, you will have beautiful 360° panoramic views and, if you are in perfect condition, you can climb 150 meters further to be very close to the glacier.
After photographing, go down to Ausangate Qocha (Ausangate Lagoon), where you will enjoy a rewarding lunch. Then continue with your journey to the Ananta camp, where you will spend the last night of the expedition.
- Palomani pass. 5,200 meters / 17,060 feet
- Camping Ananta 4,700 meters / 15,420 feet
- Walking time. 6 hours
- Length. 12 km / 7.5 miles
- Food: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
DAY 04. Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Chilliwani – Cusco
At 5:00 a.m., have the last breakfast of the Ausangate hiking tour, then start walking towards the famous rainbow mountain or 7-color mountain (5030 meters / 16503 feet). Try to arrive before the crowd and take excellent photos with the first rays of the sun. To continue enjoying the charm of nature, head to the red valley viewpoint, where you will be surprised by the geological formation and the beauty of the landscape.
After all, start down to the Chilliwani bus parking lot, where you can enjoy the last lunch of the hike. Then say goodbye to the muleteers and cook and finally catch your private mobility to the city of Cusco. Arrival at approximately 6 p.m.
- Length. 8 km / 5 miles
- Hiking time. 5 hours
- Food: breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Bus to Cusco. Three hours
End of our service
What is included in the 4-day Ausangate hiking tour?
- Brief information about the hike the day before trek
- Private mobility Cusco – Pajchanta / Rainbow mountain (Chilliwani) – Cusco
- Professional English or Spanish speaking guide
- Professional chef (1 assistant for a group of more than 8 people)
- Muleteers of the Ausangate community
- Horses to transport camping equipment and backpacks
- Food: 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners, snacks (optional vegetarian at no additional cost)
- Tent for the dining room and kitchen
- Chairs and dining table
- 1 tent 4 stations for 2 people and mats
- First aid kit and oxygen
- Ticket to Ausangate Natural Park and rainbow mountain.
What’s not included
- Sleeping bags (we can rent you)
- Travel insurance: we recommend that you take out travel insurance during the time of your walk
- Personal stuff
- Additional saddle horse
- Use of hot springs in Pajchanta (US$ 2)
- Walking sticks
- Breakfast the first day, dinner the last day
- Tips (optional)
- You must arrive in the city of Cusco 2 days before the trek.
- At your hotel in Cusco, drink the infusion of coca leaves to acclimatize better.
- Take short walks through the city of Cusco as training. Maybe you plan to visit Machu Picchu, the sacred valley, etc. It is better to do it before this hike.
You have to carry it in your light backpack.
- Sleeping bag, minimum of 12°C below zero
- Long pants
- Sweater and a thick jacket
- Hiking shoes
- Walking sticks
- Hat or cap
- Thermal socks
- camelback / canteen
- Waterproof jacket or rain ponchos
- Personal medications
- Toilet paper
- Camera with extra charger and
- Some cash in small bills (PEN).
Price of the 4-day Ausangate Trek Tour.
Our prices vary according to the number of people booking together.
Your group size
Price per person
|6 to + people||
Things we can rent you
- Sleeping bag for the entire tour, US$ 18
- 1 individual tent, US$ 30 for the whole of the hike
- If you want to rent an extra horse to ride. US$ 90 for 4 days
- Walking sticks US$ 10 for the whole trek.