Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain & Machupicchu City
Summary of the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain & Machupicchu City
Day 1: Cusco – Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town)
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco at 10:00 a.m.
- Expedition Train from Ollantaytambo station – Aguas Calientes. Departure 12:55 hours
- Overnight in Machupicchu Town (Aguas Calientes)
Day 2: Machu Picchu City / Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain – Cusco
- Aguas Calientes bus – Machupicchu. 25 minutes
- 2-hour Tour within the city of Machupicchu
- Hours of entry to Huaynapicchu. The first group from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. / Second group from 10 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Hours of entry to M. Mountain. The first group from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. / Second group from 9 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Return train from Aguas Calientes. 7:00 or 8:00 p.m.
- Climb the mountains in the second group, because in the morning they are always cloudy, exclusively in the rainy season (from November to April). Also book at least 2 months in advance, because they have limited places and when the spaces are sold out, we will not have the option to book.
What you should carry in your small bag
- Passport or any identity document
- If you are a student, bring your university card.
- In general, the weather is very changeable: it is recommended to wear light and warm clothes. Between April and October, it is totally sunny (use sunscreen or wide-brimmed hat), between November and March it rains torrentially (use raincoat).
- Camera or camcorder
- Bottled water
- Mosquito repellent
- Personal medications and
- leave your heavy suitcase in Cusco
Itinerary of Machupicchu City + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain
First Day: Cusco – Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes)
To begin this long-awaited trip to the Inca city of Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Our staff will drive by your hotel in Cusco at 10:00 am. Then, you will be transferred to Ollantaytambo train station (a trip of 1 and a half hour).
In Ollantaytambo, board your train (12:55 hours) to Machupicchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes). Upon your arrival, our staff will also be waiting for you to welcome you and come along you to your hotel. At 7:30 p.m. you will meet with your professional guide for a brief, informative talk about the next day’s visit.
- Overnight in Pueblo de Aguas Calientes at the selected hotel
Second Day: Huayna Picchu Machu Picchu the City – Cusco.
Take the first bus from Aguas Calientes to the Inca city of Machu Picchu (25 minutes). Together with your professional guide, visit every corner of this enigmatic city and take many photographs before the crowd arrives.
After 2-hour tour, if you booked one of the mountains, start climbing slowly up steep stone stairs and when you reach the top of the mountain, stop a few minutes to appreciate the beauty of the landscape. Steep mountains covered with vegetation and deep valleys formed by the Urubamba River.
Do not worry, if you did not reserve any of the mountains, after the tour you can stay longer in the city. You can do meditations or take more pictures on your own, etc.
After all, catch the bus to the city of Aguas Calientes for your lunch (optional). Later, head to the train station and take the return train to the Ollantaytambo or Poroy station. Upon arrival at the train station, our staff will be waiting for you and escort you to your hotel in Cusco.
Opening hours to Mountains
- Huayna Picchu. First group 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 am. / Second group. 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 am.
- Machu Picchu Mountain. First group 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 am. / Second group. 09 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Return train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. 6:20 or 8:50 p.m. It depends on availability. If you wish to return before our established hours, observe our optional trains.
- Minibus from the hotel in Cusco – train station – Cusco
- Guide service in Machu Picchu city for 2 and a half hours
- Access ticket to Machupicchu
- Roundtrip train tickets between Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu (EXPEDITION TRAIN)
- Collective bus from Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- One night accommodation in Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes)
- All shared service (group service) or private service (exclusive)
- Flight tickets
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or the Machu Picchu Mountain (optional)
- Personal articles
- Accommodation in Cusco
- Travel insurance
- Tips (optional)
We have 2 types of services:
GROUP. The entire tour will be shared by 16 people.
PRIVATE. The whole tour will be exclusive for your group (it can be a wedding journey, among family, friends, co-workers, students, etc.)
Our price is very flexible. It adapts to all kinds of preferences. In our base rate, includes one night of accommodation in a 2-star hotel in a double or matrimonial room, also trip on Expedition train and does NOT include access tickets to the mountains (Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain).
Maybe, you want to spend the night in a superior hotel, travel on the Vistadome train and climb any of the 2 mountains. Click on book now, go to our optional services and select your preference.
Those who wish to book a single room, must add a supplement and write us to email.
Group Service price
Price per person
Private (Exclusive) Service price
The mobility from Cusco hotel to train station and tour guide service for 2 and a half hours in Machupicchu will be private (exclusive for your group)
Your group size
Price per person
Our optional services
This optional service is not included in our prices if you want to book add in your reservation.
- To climb up Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain US$ 20 per person
- 3-star hotel US$ 20 per person for a double room and US$ 40 for a single room
- 4-star hotel US$ 50 per person for a double room and US$ 100 for a single room
- Vistadome from Ollantaytambo 7:05 am / 4:43 pm US$ 40
- Vistadome from Poroy Cusco 7:35 am / 4:43 pm US$ 75 (from May to January 5)
- Buffet lunch in Machupicchu Town US$ 20
We offer US$ 20 off per person
- For students who have a university card with a valid expiration date granted by the same university where they study. It must have personal and university information.
- Under 17 years old and
- Countries belonging to the Andean Community (CAN) Colombia, Bolivia, and Ecuador.
- Peruvian people have exclusive discount US$ 30 per adult and US$ 35 per study.
Note: The discount will NOT apply in the high season, in the months of June, July, and August due to the price increase.
All the accommodation establishments with which we work in Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes) are carefully selected and verified by ourselves and have an excellent location that will give you quick access to the hot springs and the train and bus station. It will also allow you to visit the Inca city of Machu Picchu from the early hours of the morning.